Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hmmm... (I think that's one too many "M"s)

I've always heard that adding your work friends to your Facebook/Twitter/Social Network of choice was a bad idea. I'm kinda curious about that. Thanks to my friend Ryan, I know that I can modify Facebook to only show so much for certain people I can filter, so there's that. But I'm just wondering about myself and why I seem to have a hard time really accepting co-workers as friends. It wasn't until I stopped giving a rat's ass at VZW that I started befriending everyone.

I don't know. I seem to be okay making friends otherwise, judging by my Twitter, but I dunno... I look at co-workers' FB accounts and see that almost everyone has each other friended. I think I just don't want to be a part of the drama bullshit that is interweaved in all call centers. The last thing I need is for something stupid to happen OFFSITE and shit start floating around at work. It can be so damned absurd, but at the same time, am I depriving myself of an opportunity to make friends with co-workers? My boss and the rest of the sups who report to her all got together last Friday and even though I was so drunk, I still felt like I was the odd man out. It didn't stop me from being a complete retard, but still.

I don't know.

What say you, friends?

1 comment:

Anitza said...

I have my coworkers friended, but then again, a lot of them are actual friends at this point too.

I would be cautious in your situation because you use those to let of steam a lot. You don't typically censor yourself too much when it comes to work comments and that can really come to bite you in the rear when you least expect it. If you go that route, just remember that you will have to censor yourself. None of this "this is my account I can do whatever I want" stuff because bottom line, employers take it into account and will act accordingly, fair or not.