Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Question... please read and tell me what you think...

So I'm faced with a decision I need to reflect upon because it means a big change for my schedule.

I was offered my perfect schedule: 2:30PM-11:00PM with Friday and Saturday off. So here are the Pros and Cons:

Pros:
  • It's my ideal schedule.
  • I can work late and get a lot of work accomplished when it slows down in the evening.
  • I have Friday and Saturday off so I can have a social life.
  • I can have Sunday morning breakfast at Lolo's with my #BKarmy buddies.

Cons:
  • I would sacrifice my team that I've really worked hard with and I would feel like I was abandoning them.
  • I would be reporting to a new boss, leaving behind my old boss who has been very, very supportive of me and invaluable to my development.
  • I do like the midshift and getting out at 7:30PM.
  • My current schedule gives me all of Sunday off for football.

So what do you think? Any and all feedback is welcome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In all honesty it is a hard call my friend.

First I know how the 2nd shift is. I work it now.. and have for the last 18 months almost. Come in early afternoon off late at night. It is nice. I was on a a tues-sat for a while.. and for the last year it's been mon-fri for me.

The downside is you have built a team under you that you have molded to preform. You have the support of the manager above you.

I would say you need to "Interview" the new boss. and maybe do a one day trial with the new team. See how you like it.

Best of luck.

Anitza said...

I like Ken's suggestion of "interviewing" your potential new boss. I think that is the thing that is really the deciding factor, the new people. So I would ask around, see what people say about them. If you did your job, which it sounds like you did, your team should be fine without you. It sounds like they will be fine. Having Fri-Sat off with going in late on Sunday, well, that sounds awesome. Everything else about it sounds great.

So yeah, check up on the new people and if that all looks good, go for it!