Sunday, September 9, 2007

I have a rat crawling on my shoulders...

I love my girls. They're batshit.

I start my new job tomorrow. Everyone I know is wondering how I could work for the Evil Empire again. I tell them what I've been telling myself: It's not the old AT&T. The company I'll be working for used to be known as SBC which was one of the best companies to work for in the west. They just changed their name to AT&T.

I'm excited, though. It'll be good to be a grunt doing tech support again. I don't think I want to be management anymore. I'd like to get back into the wireless industry. Maybe be a cell tech. I dunno. I've come to this odd realization that I've lost sight of my goal. Once I became a supervisor, I sort of lost my drive because that's what I was shooting for and I made it. So... now what? I have to rethink things now. Where do I want to go?

I'll be leaving Arizona fairly soon. I don't know when. But I've think I've done all I can here. Now the question is: where to? There's any number of places I can go where I'll have friends. We'll see where things lead.

1 comment:

Anitza said...

Well, you know me. If it were up to me I would say come back home. But I know that in the past, you have told me that you will probably never come back home again.

It won't stop me from reminding you that you do have LA to always call home to.

So, now you work for AT&T? I thought it was an Alltell interview. Or was it two separate things?

Can you hook a sista up? :D Been a Cingular/AT&T customer since college. Never switched cell companies. lmao OK, I'll stop. hahaha

I know what you mean though, about losing site of your goal. I am in the same boat as you. I've kinda been in it since I graduated college. It was like, here I am. I made it. Now what? When that has been your motivation for years (uhm, or my whole freakin LIFE), it is really hard to move on.