Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ok, so today was quite an eye opening experience. I went to the doctor this morning as a check-up for a visit to the ER this weekend. Doc gave me a B12 shot and renewed my scrips for Zoloft and Xanax. I've been having twitchy eyes a lot lately and initially I thought it was due to lack of sleep. Doc said maybe the B12 will help (it hasn't yet). She also told me I need to drink more water, eat more fruits and vegetables because it might be from an electrolyte imbalance.

The really eye opening experience is my weight. 313.2 lbs. I haven't been this heavy since high school. This terrified the hell out of me. Not to mention that my blood pressure is borderline now. This needs to change. Now.

This is not going to be easy, but I need to do it. I stocked up on all sorts of groceries at Fresh and Easy and Trader Joe's. And amusingly enough, I just realized there was no meat whatsoever in my groceries. I think I'm doing it subconsciously. This is gonna be tricksy. I'm not very good at keeping diets but it needs done. I'm freaked out but determined.

But oh am I freaked out.

2 comments:

Angry Asian said...

Trust me. I know exactly where you're coming from. Last April I had that doctor's visit that changed my life. Contrary to physical appearances, I'm probably in the best shape of my adult life. Okay, scratch that, I AM in the best shape of my adult life and I'm only getting stronger, faster and more powerful. If I could do it, you can do it. If you need any tips or persuasion to eat this over that - let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

At least you were wise enough to realize you needed to see a doctor and need change. Sometimes that can be just as hard as actually making that change. You can do it - you owe it to yourself to be healthy. You will always be cute no matter what - but your health comes first.